Dive Vacations Forum
This forum is a place to share your Anguilla dive vacations with our readers. Excited to tell us about YOUR Anguilla dive?
|Photo By maggieandcharles
There is no better way to enjoy scuba diving in Anguilla than to jump right it. Here are some of the spectacular dive sites you should encounter during your island vacation:-
- Dog Island - You get a 2 in one deal on these advanced dives. West Cay and Devil's wall are the main dives done here. Go as deep as 90ft(27m) on these dives.
- Blowing Rock - is located at the south western point of Anguilla, novice and experienced divers can enjoy these reefs that are only 40ft(12m), making for shallow but enjoyable diving.
- Anguillita - is a favorite among the island's divers, its marine life is diverse with slipper lobsters, moray eels, banded coral shrimp, tarpons, and eagle rays.
Shipwrecks are also available for those who love mystery, history and adventure packed into their vacation time. Ask your dive operator to take you to the wrecks around the island. Here are just a few of the many wrecks:-
- "MV Oosterdiep" - located north west of Meads Bay, 75 feet(22m) deep. You appreciate it's massive size at 150ft(45m) in length on a sandy bottom isolated from reef systems.
- "MV Ida Maria" - originally used as a cargo ship in transit between the islands of Trinidad and Puerto Rico, this wreck lies along a reef near to Sandy Island.
Are there other great Anguilla dives that I missed out on?
Now you have a chance to tell us what YOU really think about the diving scene in Anguilla.
Have A Great Story About Diving in Anguilla?
If you have experienced the joys of Anguilla diving, here is your chance to share your adventures!
It is easy to do! Just start writing...
Back To caribbean Scuba Diving Forum from Anguilla Dive Vacations
Back to Caribbean Scuba Diving Home Page